Local missions focus on support for organizations and groups that provide aid and support to people in our community. Local missions provide ways for members of Shepherd to get directly involved through personal action.
Breakfast with Baby is a Human Care mission established by Shepherd of the Hills, providing a place for young parents to obtain diapers, clothes, a breakfast and hearing the word of Christ. This mission is staffed by Shepherd of the Hills volunteers. For more information on this mission, please click HERE.
The Benevolence Fund at Shepherd of the Hills exists to glorify Christ by sharing His love in a material way with people in need. Throughout the year, Benevolence assistance has been given when an individual or family is truly “in need” and such individuals(s) demonstrate an effort to follow biblical money management principles and be accountable for their financial practices.
Benevolence has provided assistance throughout the year providing financial assistance to address immediate short term needs for people who have encountered a financial crisis. These funds have been provided for rent, utilities and food. Funds are paid directly to the utility companies, landlords, food gift cards, medical assistance, etc. Funds are not paid directly to the individual. Contact the church office for more information, 303.798.0711 or email@example.com.
Missionary Sharron Wilen is the founder of The Son and Reins Ranch, an Equine-Accredited-Learning ministry in Parker, CO. This ranch provides support and encouragement to those who are hurting for any reason, developing a relationship that can be trusted and learning about the love of Jesus. God allows the rescued abused horses to bring about effective change in a person’s life.
For more information on Sharron Wilen, click HERE.
For information on Son & Reins Ranch, click HERE.
Human Care is provided through The Salvation Army. They have actively incorporated Christ in their mission statement and readily share Christ with those who need both emotional and spiritual support. In addition to funds, Shepherd also provides in-kind gifts through food drives at Thanksgiving and Easter to aid in stocking the Salvation Army pantry and Angel Tree gifts at Christmas.
For additional information on the Salvation Army, click HERE.
Resurrection in the City (formerly Mt. Calvary Church) is a church community that reaches out to local North Denver families and homeless communities. Outreach includes after-school care (snack, dinner, Bible time) and tutoring for 25 inner-city elementary-age students, as well as feeding a city-sanctioned homeless camp once a month. The ministry is also building a community room for inner city men to come and fellowship with neighbors and church members.
RESURRECTION IN THE CITY
WE ENVISION OURSELVES...
1. ...to be growing individually and collectively in faith while nurturing and serving one another as disciples of Christ.
2. ...to be an urban congregation that intentionally embraces its culture, history, and the diversity of its community.
3. ...to be a church humbly reaching out to the community with the Word of God, Jesus' love, and Christian service.
4. ...to be faithful stewards of all our God-given resources, putting them into service to grow His Kingdom.
- Gateway for Domestic Violence - A local shelter for adults and children suffering from domestic abuse. Supplies are collected for the shelter by Stephens Ministry.
- Giving Tree - The Angel tree (Salvation Army), Fleece Navidad, and Operation Christmas Child provide ways to help those in need and to celebrate the gift of Christ during the Christmas season.
- Lutheran Valley Retreat – provides a Christian camping experience that allows people to be in touch with God while enjoying the beauty of the world God created. For more information, click HERE.
- Eyeglasses & Hearing Aid Collection - eyeglasses are collected and given to the Lions Club for distribution throughout the world; hearing aids are distributed to Sertoma, Inc.
- Ethiopian Ministry - This Christian ministry in metro Denver serves the Ethiopian community.